Continuing to work on this adventure, once I got to the third tier, I needed yet another high-level divine NPC. I was hoping the drow variants would work (matron mother, high priestess, etc) but they were a little to drow’ish for what I needed.
Therefore, I had to cook up a high-level divine threat.
Medium humanoid (any race), any alignment
Armor Class 20 (plate, shield)
Hit Points 130 (20d8 + 40)
Speed 30 ft.
Abilities Str 13 (+1), Dex 13 (+1), Con 14 (+2), Int 14 (+2), Wis 18 (+4), Cha 15 (+2)
Saving Throws Con +7, Wis +9
Skills Medicine +14, Persuasion +7, Religion +9
Senses passive Perception 14
Languages any two languages
Challenge 13 (10,000 XP)
Divine Eminence. As a bonus action, the priest can expend a spell slot to cause its melee weapon attacks to magically deal an extra 10 (3d6) radiant damage to a target on a hit. This benefit lasts until the end of the turn. If the priest expends a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the extra damage increases by 1d6 for each level about 1st.
Spellcasting. The high priest is a 13th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 17, +9 to hit with spell attacks). The priest has the following cleric spells prepared.
- Cantrips (at will): light, sacred flame, spare the dying, thaumaturgy
- 1st level (4 slots): cure wounds, guiding bolt, protection from evil and good, sanctuary
- 2nd level (3 slots): hold person, lesser restoration, spiritual weapon
- 3rd level (3 slots): dispel magic, protection from energy, spirit guardians
- 4th level (3 slots): banishment, guardian of faith
- 5th level (2 slots): flame strike, mass cure wounds, insect plague
- 6th level (1 slot): heal
- 7th level (1 slot): conjure celestial
Multiattack. The priest makes three melee attacks.
Mace. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d6 + 1) bludgeoning damage.
Like this? Follow along!
Not only do I constantly create content like this I also have a huge dungeon I’m working on. You can get a copy of the first part of the dungeon FOR FREE when you sign up to the newsletter.
Join the mailing list now and get a FREE adventure!
Art by Ju Hee Yoon