Are you a content creator for Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition? It doesn’t matter what you do, either. We’re looking for the following types of contributors:
- Fifth Edition news, articles, or blog writers.
- Homebrew content creators (adventures, subclasses, mechanics, monsters, etc.)
- Video creators.
- Artists and illustrators.
- Cartographers and map-makers.
- Anything else that works within the Fifth Edition niche.
“Why should I contribute to DMDave.com?”
Exposure. As of this writing, DMDave.com gets 1,500-3,000 visitors per day and that number is growing fast. This adds up to over 100,000 page views per month. In addition, our Instagram account boasts nearly 10,000 followers with an engagement rate of 15%+ to drives 100s of website clicks per post. It too is growing at a pace of 100 new followers per day.
Free Advertising. If you’re a freelancer, Patreon host, bookseller, etc. we hook you up with links to your material. In addition, our staff has over 20 years of copywriting experience to help improve your conversion rates.
Paid Gigs Coming. We expect to bring on at least one new full-time content creator in the new year and possibly more. Those who demonstrate a great work ethic and quality content will be first in line for full-time offers. Not only will the pay be competitive, but the jobs will all be remote. So you can work from home or on a beach or wherever!
Collaborate with Top Talents. Probably my favorite benefit of DMDave.com is the chance to collaborate with some of the hardest working, talented people in the hobby. If you’ve been looking for an artist or a writer or something in between, this is your opportunity to team up with folks who can help you bring your projects to life.
Do What You Love. Finally, working at DMDave.com is a chance to do what you love. So long as your content is quality and doesn’t break any rules, you have total carte blanche with what you do. Want to create your own world? We’ll help! Looking to do a big Kickstarter in a few months? We’ve got you covered.
“Sounds good, but what do you get out of it?”
The site’s grown faster than I could have possibly imagined. Therefore, I need some back up on content creation so I can focus on some of the business elements. Your contributions help me get there. Of course, me focusing on that stuff helps me get the site one step closer to hiring more and more great talents.
It also gives me a chance to work alongside some of the best talents in the business. Already, I’ve had the pleasure of working alongside Luke Hart of The DM Lair as well as Justin David Russell of Random Encounters. We’re hoping to build to that clique!
Finally, I just get a kick out of seeing hard-working, talented people succeed. I often tell people that I’m just a hack writer with a ton of marketing knowledge. But that marketing knowledge gives me a chance to boost those artists and writers I enjoy.
Otherwise, I make zero dollars from your products. I don’t ask for influencer fees.
Plus, all of the content is 100% yours. If you change your mind and don’t want the stuff to live on the site anymore, no problem. I’ll remove it immediately, no questions asked.
“Great! How do I get started?”
All you have to do is head over to the contact page and drop me a note with the following details:
- Your name.
- What type of content you create (written, video, art).
- What your plans would be creating content for DMDave.com.
- What I can help you with (sell your products, Kickstarter, etc).
- Examples of your content (a website or Instagram is preferred).
- Any experience that you might have with content creation or content marketing.
Bonus if you have any of the following skills:
- Word Press.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) knowledge.
- Social media accounts with followers or social media marketing experience.
- Knowledge of Reddit protocol (especially r/unearthedarcana).
- How to create Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition style PDFs (homebrewery works).
Some of the content projects I’d love to see:
- Continuation of my monster variants series.
- New adventures.
- Monster designs with stats (hell, I can even stat ’em for you).
- Top 10 lists regarding D&D stuff.
- How-to lists for D&D.
- Fiction stories.
Looking forward to working with you!
I’m pretty pumped to see what comes across. We are expecting a whole lot of submittals, so be sure to get yours in fast. One way or the other I’ll contact you and let you know what’s up.
See you soon!
Art by Wizards of the Coast.