This comes from Patreon Darrion N.
The First Demon Lord, the Beast, basically Satan, takes the form of either a black constantly shadowed humanoid figure who’s features you can’t make out or a seven headed dragon with burning crowns that emit and aura of flame to burn those nearby, the dragon form can conjure a massive ball of fire or several beams of fire, the ball basically being a super fireball, both forms can mark targets with Sin, dealing some psychic damage and making the target vulnerable to all damage for one turn like the Grave Cleric channel divinity.
Hell has its Tiamat. But the Abyss has its Beast.
The Beast is terror-come-chaosflesh, a creature borne of fire and damnation. In its true form, The Beast appears as a seven-headed dragon some 60-feet tall. Its very flesh writhes with fire and the faces of the souls it consumes. Magma coats its scales, glistening like water off a duck’s back.
What few mad mortal dare worship the Beast know that were the Beast ever to escape the mortal realms, destruction would soon befall man. Only the bravest heroes would hope to challenge such a thing—even then, the creature is better left to its own devices.
The Beast’s Lair
The Beast makes its lair in a pool of molten lava and burning flesh on one of the layers of the Abyss. It is rare that any creature—other fiends included—attempt to approach the Beast. The area considered the Lair of the Beast extends 5 miles in all directions from the pool where the Beast rests.
Lair Actions. On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties) the Beast can take a lair action to cause one of the following effects.
- The Beast casts earthquake. Its spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 29), and it does not require material components. Once it uses this lair action it can’t use it again for 7 days.
- A cyclone of wind and chaosfire forms surrounding the Beast, in a 120-foot radius cylinder that’s one mile high centered on the Beast. All creatures within the cyclone when it appears automatically take 7 (2d6) fire damage plus 7 (2d6) necrotic damage. In addition, the creature must make a DC 29 Strength saving throw. On a failure, a target takes 28 (4d8 + 10) bludgeoning damage is flung up to 20 feet away from the Beast in a random direction and knocked prone. if a thrown target strikes an object, such as a wall or floor, the target takes 3 (1d6) bludgeoning damage every 10 feet it was thrown. If the target is thrown at another creature, that creature must succeed on a DC 19 Dexterity saving throw or take the same damage and be knocked prone. If the saving throw is successful, the target takes half the bludgeoning damage and isn’t flung away or knocked prone. The cyclone remains as long as the Beast concentrates on it, up to 1 minute, or until the Beast uses this lair action to create a new cyclone. On its turn, the Beast can use its action to move the cyclone up to 30 feet in a direction of its choice. The Beast is immune to the effects of its own cyclone.
- The Beast targets one creature that it can see within 120 feet of it. The target must succeed on a DC 29 Dexterity saving throw or becomes enclosed in a floating sphere of acid. When the creature first enters the sphere and at the start of each of its turns it takes 14 (4d6) acid damage from the sphere. While inside the sphere, the creature is restrained. It can use its action on each of its turns to make a DC 29 Strength check to break out of the sphere of acid, landing in an unoccupied space within 5 feet of the sphere. Otherwise, the sphere continues as long as The Beast concentrates on it (as if concentrating on a spell), up to 1 minute. On its turn, the Beast can use its action to move the sphere up to 30 feet in a direction of its choice, including up or down.
Regional Effects. The region containing the Beast’s lair is warped by it magic, which creates one or more of the following effects:
- The area within 10 miles of the lair is unnaturally hot, with temperatures reaching as high as 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rocks within 1 mile of the lair spontaneously burst into molten lava. any creature within 10 feet of a rock that explodes must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving, taking 10 (3d6) fire damage on a failed saving throw or half as much damage on a successful one.
- Thick, black clouds constantly linger in the sky, blotting out all natural light sources within 10 miles of the lair. Magical darkness spells and effect double their area.
Get this PDF and 80+ more PDFs
Patrons of the copper tier plus (only $3) get the PDF for this bad boy plus another 80+ patrons with new PDFs every day, all exclusive to Patreon. Plus, you get requests—this was a request, by the way—the ability to vote in polls, Discord access,a nd more.
Art by Shutterstock (used with permission).