Thanks so much for reading DMDave.com!
As of December 9, 2018, the site will be moving towards 100% requests with the exception of any current major content piece that I’m working on (which, right now is The Secret of Forsaken Peak with Justin David Russell), articles, and side campaign settings.
This means that there are roughly 2,000-5,000 words per day worth of content that I have up in the air.
What can I request from DMDave?
Just about anything! Whatever you want me to make, I’ll make. And not only will I make it, but I’ll also try to include it in a PDF format available on my Patreon site.
There are a few rules, however, just to keep things fair for everyone making requests.
- I will do trademark/copyrighted items. However, as I am unable to produce those in PDF format and sell them, I will only create these on a limited basis (no more than 1 per week right now).
- No real-world people. No politicians, celebrities, athletes, etc. It’s not that I don’t want to make those things, but those types of things often come with heated opinions and it’s just not worth getting into.
- Must work under the OGL. Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition allows the content creator to create content using 5e rules. However, some of their IP is no available (such as beholder, mind flayers, etc). I will do these items, but on a limited basis (probably only 1 per week).
- Nothing mean, racist, bigoted etc. Yo, if I gotta explain this one to you, you probably should head somewhere else now.
- Only 500 words or less for non-Patrons. I’ll create anything that you want, but it can’t be more than 500 words. But that covers a lot of content. Here are the types of things that fit in 500 words or less:
- Non-legendary monsters. This is any monster that doesn’t have legendary actions, lair actions, etc. Also, no spellcasters of higher than 11th level as those can take considerable planning and balancing.
- Spells. Spells are pretty easy, too. In fact, I can probably do two at a time, so keep that in mind if requesting those.
- Feats. Like spells, feats are very easy and will probably do more than one at a time.
- Magic Items. All magic items are good to go with the exception of artifacts, which, like legendary monsters take a whole lot of work to balance and write for.
- Traps. Traps are easy, too, although complex traps probably are off the table.
- One Dungeon Room. A single room in a dungeon is possible.
- Anything else 5e related. As long as it’s roughly the same length as some of these other things, it’ll work!
- Only one request per month unless my queue is empty. As more requests come in, this time limit may change. Keep in mind that I usually get as many as 200-500 requests per week! At my current pace, I can usually create 3-5 requests per day. So that’s only 150 per week. Some may take a while to get to them, but I will get to them.
How requests work.
I will work to create every single request that I receive. Every. Single. One. So long as they follow the rules above. Here is how you can get a request in:
First, add your request to the Request Form.
Then, your request enters the Request Queue.
The queue is organized as follows:
- First-time patrons of any level. If you’ve signed up for my Patreon then you automatically get moved to the top of the line (below other first-time Patrons).
- First-time email subscribers. If you turn in a request and confirm your email with the site’s mailing list, you’ll move to the top of the queue just before first-time patrons. You can join my email list once you fill out the form above and confirm the followup email.
- First-time requests (non-patrons) and repeat Patron requests. Even if you don’t subscribe to my Patreon or mailing list, you’ll get to the top of the list. However, you will be mixed in with current subscribers in an A-B-A-B format (A being Patrons, B being non-subscribers). This may change as my Patreon grows to give more precedence to Patrons (such as to A-A-B-A-A-B with Patrons being A). However, I’ll try my damndest to cover all the requests.
- Repeat requests. If you’ve requested before, then you’ll move into a monthly queue behind other repeats.
This blog is growing quickly as is my Patreon. Therefore, I may have to change the rules as things go just to be fair for everyone involved.
Thanks for your patience and understanding in advance!
What do I get as a Patron?
If you decide to join my Patreon, then you’ll not only get to make requests, but you’ll also have access to all the PDF content that I create for Patreon as well! I’m going to reserve my Sundays for PDF newsletter creation which will include all of the content from the week compiled into one, easy to read/print format.
In addition, my Patreon has different breakpoints for longer content.
- It’s $3 for 500 words of requested content that are placed at the top of the queue. Patrons automatically get all their content put into PDF format.
- It’s $5 for 1,000 words of requested content that’s placed at the top of the queue. 1,000-word requests include new subclasses, legendary monsters, artifacts, or up to two of the 500-word requests. Plus you get everything put into PDF.
- It’s $10 for 2,000 words of requested content that’s placed at the top of the queue. The 2,000-word requests include new playable classes (non-casters), adventures (maximum 6 rooms), in-depth articles, or epic level encounters.
- It’s $25 for 5,000 words of requested content that’s placed at the top of the queue. These include larger adventures (up to 18-rooms), new spellcasting classes, or new rules supplements. Plus you get everything put into a PDF.
For more details on what you get with Patreon, be sure to check out my Patreon:
How do I know where I am on the queue?
To check your status on the queue, check out the Request Calendar. I will try to update it daily as I get new requests.
Looking forward to seeing what you all come with! Thanks a million!
See you soon.