Have you ever thought about what it would be like to earn money doing what you love? Or maybe you’re just interested in becoming part of the DMDave network?
DMDave is looking for someone that can do audio/video editing for the Bloody Bunch’s Saturday Sessions!
Here is what this job will entail:
- You receive our recorded audio files from our Saturday sessions after they’ve been uploaded online. There are roughly 4 hours of audio tracks each Saturday.
- You clean up any noise or errant sounds in the background.
- You add in music where appropriate (open license music works fine).
- Any necessary narration you can record.
- You cut out unnecessary segues, overspeaking, or anything else that pulls away from the plot (such as the lull between the announcement of combat and the start of combat when I’m drawing the battle map).
- You sync the sound to imagery appropriate to what’s happening.
- Ideally, the audio file is trimmed down to 2 hours or less while remaining cohesive.
Here are the qualifications I’m looking for:
- Knows how to edit audio and video files for podcasts and/or YouTube. Please have samples ready, as I will only consider candidates that have samples.
- Understands Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition enough to edit the content appropriately.
- Familiar with the 5e Open Gaming License and System Reference Document (we may need to censor out certain words such as ‘beholder’, ‘mindflayer’, etc.). If you’re not, it’s pretty easy to learn.
- A great work ethic and a positive attitude! This content site is growing quickly, and I’m looking for people with can-do attitudes to join me on the ride.
- The ability to work quickly without much direction.
- If you’re a US citizen, you will need to fill out a 1099 tax form.
Here is what you can expect:
- It’s a paid gig! So you’ll make money doing it. At the start, it will be per gig, but I project within 3-4 months it’ll be a full-time job, especially when we branch out more into video. Rates are negotiable, but they’ll be much better than the typical Fiverr/Upwork rates.
- A close working relationship with DMDave and an early spot in a fast-growing company.
- A chance to build a new branch of the company: audio and video, which you would be in charge of.
If you’re interested, contact me directly on Instagram Direct Messenger or via Facebook messenger. If you send an email, chances are I won’t see it until it’s too late.
I look forward to hearing from you!