Khrull is an agent sent by the church of Erythnul to ensure that Xentarich does not stray from his mission of destruction. This is a source of conflict between the two, in that Xentarich prefers destruction only where it is profitable. Khrull does not get on well with the crew except for the Storm Hammers, whose destructive tastes nearly rival Khrull’s own. Against a common threat, Khrull drops his dislikes and fights against any intruders in the Colossus, although he stands aside if the chaos beast managers to get loose and track Xentarich down. The half-orc spends most of his time in area 25 with Clymm watching the land pass by below and subtly observing the gnome, hoping to glean some understanding of the Colossus’s workings.
Khrull, Half-Orc Cleric of Erynthul
Medium humanoid (half-orc), neutral evil
Armor Class 20 (+1 plate, +1 shield, cloak of protection)
Hit Points 130 (20d8 + 40)
Speed 30 ft.
Abilities Str 14 (+2), Dex 11 (+0), Con 15 (+2), Int 10 (+0), Wis 20 (+5), Cha 9 (-1)
Saving Throws Str +3, Dex +1, Con +8, Int +1, Wis +10, Cha +4
Skills Insight +9, Perception +9, Religion +4
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 19
Languages Common, Orc
Challenge 10 (5,900 XP)
Special Equipment. Khrull is wearing +1 half-plate, a cloak of protection, and uses a +1 shield. He wields an unholy mace. Also, Khrull carries three potions of healing.
Spellcasting. Khrull is a 10th-level spellcaster. His spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 17, +9 to hit with spell attacks). He has the following cleric spells prepared:
- Cantrips (at will): chill touch, guidance, light, sacred flame, spare the dying, thaumaturgy
- 1st level (4 slots): bane, cure wounds, false life, healing word, inflict wounds, ray of sickness, sanctuary
- 2nd level (3 slots): blindness/deafness, ray of enfeeblement, silence, spiritual weapon
- 3rd level (3 slots): animate dead, bestow curse, dispel magic, mass healing word, protection from energy, spirit guardians, vampiric touch
- 4th level (3 slots): blight, death ward, freedom of movement
- 5th level (2 slots): antilife shell, cloudkill, contagion, flame strike
Touch of Death (1/Day). When Khrull hits a creature with a melee attack, he can choose to deal an extra 25 necrotic damage to the target.
Multiattack. Khrull makes two melee attacks.
Unholy Mace. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d8 + 2) bludgeoning damage plus 4 (1d8) necrotic damage, and if the target is a creature of good alignment, Khrull deals an additional 7 (2d6) points of damage.
Light Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d6) piercing damage plus 4 (1d8) necrotic damage.