Jason Voorhees is the main antagonist and center piece of the Friday the 13th franchise and one of the two main antagonists of the crossover film Freddy vs. Jason, along with Freddy Krueger. He was an almost completely silent, undead and seemingly unstoppable killing machine. Jason was an iconic madman who haunts Camp Crystal Lake and the surrounding area, driven to slaughter anyone he encounters by a burning need to avenge the death of his beloved mother, Pamela Voorhees.
Jason Voorhees has killed about 161 people, (some of which are completely off-screen) over the years.
Undead Nature. Jason does not require air, food, drink, or sleep.
Jason haunts Camp Crystal Lake. Crystal Lake is a dismal place, cursed by Jason’s bloody legacy. Despite the insanely high number of murders that have occurred at the Camp, locals seem to forget the dangers therein. Typically, Jason’s actual lair is a hidden cabin, shed, or cave. Occasionally it may even be the lake itself. While Jason is in his lair, his CR is 16 (15,000 XP).
On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties), Jason takes a lair actions to cause one of the following effects; Jason can’t use the same effect two rounds in a row.
- Each creature within 60 feet of Jason that is aware of him must succeed on a DC 13 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. While frightened, a creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from Jason as it can. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there’s nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action. In addition, when a creature takes the Dash action, it must succeed on a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw or it trips, falling prone in its space.
- Jason magically teleports, along with any equipment he is wearing or carrying, to any unoccupied space in his lair or within 1 mile of his lair. After he does, he can make one melee weapon attack against a target within reach.
- Magical fog billows around a point that Jason can see within 120 feet of him. The fog is a 150-foot radius cylinder that is 20-feet high. It spreads around corners, and its area is lightly obscured. It lasts for up to 1 hour or until a wind of moderate or greater speed (at least 10 miles per hour) disperses it. Once Jason uses this lair action, he can’t use it again for 24 hours.
- A body of one of Jason’s previous kills spontaneously appears in an unoccupied space Jason can see within 120 feet of him. Each creature within 10 feet of the body that is aware of it must succeed on a DC 13 Wisdom check, or its movement speed is reduced by half until the next initiative count 20. If the creature was familiar and friendly with the corpse, it makes this check with disadvantage. Creatures immune to being frightened automatically pass their saving throw.
Camp Crystal Lake and the region containing the camp is warped by Jason evil, creating one or more of the following effects.
- Beasts within 1 mile of the lair become frightened and disoriented, as though constantly under the threat of being hunted, and might lash out or panic even when no visible threat is nearby.
- All checks made to avoid getting lost within 5 miles of Jason’s lair are made with disadvantage.
- If a humanoid spends at least 1 hour within 1 mile of Jason’s lair, it must succeed on a DC 13 Wisdom saving throw or descend into madness. The madness is a character flaw that lasts until cured: “I can do whatever I want; I have no inhibitions.”
BroadSword is HERE.
The PDF version of BroadSword Monthly just arrived on my Patreon. All Patrons of silver tier and above receive a FREE copy of the 100-page adventure book plus all of the other PDFs on my Patreon.
Thumbnail image by New Line Cinema.