Disclaimer: a note on the broader creation of the Infinity Stone artifacts: in no way, shape or form do I intend to make these things balanced (sorry, Thanos). Should a character (player or otherwise) come into possession of one of these damn things, all hell will and should break loose. Anything less would dishonor the source material.
Allow me to reiterate again: these things are intentionally broken AF.
You’ve been warned.
The Space Stone
Wondrous item, artifact (requires attunement)
The Space Stone was one of the six Infinity Stones, the remnant of a singularity that predated the universe, which represented the element of space. Housed within the Tesseract, over the course of history it was wielded by many individuals, including Johann Schmidt of HYDRA, Mar-Vell of the Kree Empire, the Skrulls, and Loki of Asgard. During the Infinity War, the Tesseract was shattered by Thanos, who put the Space Stone inside his Infinity Gauntlet. After Thanos successfully wiped out half of life, he destroyed the Space Stone, along with the other Infinity Stones to prevent his work from being undone.
Attuning to the Space Stone. To attune to the space stone, you must first touch the stone. Once you touch the stone, you must make a Charisma saving throw. Refer to the Space Stone Attunement Results table to determine what happens after you touch the stone.
Space Stone Attunement Results
|0-5||You are disintegrated.|
You are instantly teleported to a random location in the universe (GM’s discretion).
|20+||You attune to the Space Stone.|
Random Properties. The Space Stone has the following random properties:
- 3 minor beneficial properties
- 2 major beneficial property
- 1 major detrimental property
Properties of the Space Stone. As an action, you can activate the Space Stone. While the Space Stone is active and you are attuned to it, you gain the following benefits:
- Your speed is doubled, you gain a +2 bonus to AC, you have advantage on Dexterity saving throws, and you gain an additional action on each of your turns. That action can be used only to take the Attack (one weapon attack only), Dash, Disengage, Hide, or Use an Object action. While under this effect, you cannot gain the benefits from the haste spell.
- You can cast the misty step and shield spells at will, requiring no components.
- Once on each of your turns, you can use your action to cast one of the following spells (save DC 20, +12 to hit with spell attacks) from it: Bigby’s hand, etherealness, gate, dimension door, plane shift, telekinesis, teleport. If you use the stone twice in two consecutive turns to cast a spell, you must make a Charisma saving throw with a DC equal to 10 + the spell level. On a failed saving throw, you are transported to a random location (as detailed under Attuning to the Space Stone).
- You can imbue another creature with the power of the space stone. To do so, target one creature within 30 feet of you. The target must succeed on a DC 20 Constitution saving throw. On a failed saving throw, the creature is disintegrated. On a successful saving throw, the creature gains the Cosmic Being template.
Destroying the Space Stone. The stone can be destroyed but it is extremely difficult to do. The stone itself has an AC of 30 and is immune to all forms of damage except for force and radiant. The stone has 300 hit points and it regains 30 hit points each round on initiative count 20 if it has at least 1 hit point remaining. When the stone is destroyed, it causes a massive explosion of force energy, instantly disintegrating everything around it within a 94 billion mile radius. Creatures and objects immune to force damage are unaffected by the blast.
Even if the Space Stone is destroyed, there is a 10% chance every 1,000 years that it reforms, regains all of its hit points, and reappears in a random location somewhere in the universe.
The combined powers of all of the infinity stones can also remove the stone from existence using the Infinity Gauntlet’s Ultimate Wish feature.
Interested in getting over 150 Fifth Edition PDFs?
Become a DMDave patron at the copper tier or higher and you’ll get 140+ PDFs with a new one every day. Plus, all patrons get access to the ongoing adventure series, Hand of the Eight, with new chapters added every week.
Art by Marvel.